You like me! You really like me!
I am so so thrilled to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award, it’s a reminder that the hard work does pay off and there are people out there who appreciate what you do. So thank you to the lovely Sadie for nominating me! Please do head over to her site to check out her book blog Curiouser & Curiouser as well as her bookish photography. She is a genuinely sweet and supportive blogger, and deserves all the love she gets.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
The rules for the award are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma).
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Firstly here are three things about myself
- I started dancing, singing and acting when I was 4 years old, and I am now a fully, professionally trained Musical Theatre Actress.
- I am a huge foodie and I love to bake. It is a scientific fact that I make the best chocolate chip muffins in the world.
- I am absolutely terrified of farm yard machinery. Particularly tractors and combine harvesters. They all need to stay the HELL. AWAY. FROM. ME.
Here are the questions that Sadie has asked me,
1. If you could meet just one celebrity, who would it be, and why?
This is such a difficult question. I think I’d have to go with the illustrious broadway diva, Patti LuPone. She is my professional idol, someone who I greatly look up to. I’d love to simply be in her presence and learn all I could from her.
2. What is your all time favourite movie?
I am not actually hugely into movies and I’ve also gone off TV shows lately too. I haven’t owned a TV set for almost 4 years now! BUT these three movies are my all time favourites and I will never say no to watching them time and time again:
‘The Princess Bride’ is also a high contender.
3. What’s one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to you?
Embarrassing things happen to me on a day to day basis. Such is the life of a clumsy person. So while I have been spared any earth shatteringly, huge embarrassments thus far, be assured that I am getting my comeuppance in small doses every single day.
4. Where would you most like to travel?
It would be quicker to tell you the places I don’t want to travel! I want to see so much of the world. But one thing I would particularly LOVE to do is to climb Machu Picchu in Peru.
5. (The Weird Question) What is a strange talent/oddity/wacky/etc. thing that you can do? (Ex: riding a unicycle/popping your shoulder out of joint).
Why thank you for asking. All my fingers are double jointed. Meaning I can lock my first joint into a bent position without bending the second joint at all. This comes in handy for precisely nothing.
My favourite blog posts
It’s hard to choose my favourite or best blog posts because I’m still really new to blogging. So below I’ve linked a few of my posts that give an overview of the type of things I like to talk about on my blog
My latest post before this – Fairy Loot May Unboxing
A conversational post – Is reading getting to competitive?
My first ever book review – Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend
Bookseller confessions – 10 Things your Bookseller wants you to know
And here we have it, the moment you’ve all been waiting for. *Pulls golden envelope out of jacket pocket*
The people I would like to nominate are:
There is no pressure to partake in this if you don’t want to or have been nominated before – but thank you all for creating stellar content and being wonderful book people. My five questions, should you want to answer them, are:
- What book character do you relate to the most?
- What is your proudest achievement in life so far?
- If you were an Animagus, what would your chosen form be?
- What song is the theme song to your life?
- (The Weird Question) What is a smell you love? And what is a smell you hate?
Please tag me with your answers – I’m so dang curious.
Finally, thank you again to Sadie, I’ve had such a fun time writing this post!